Friday, May 1, 2009

Tacoma Trip (April 14-22)

We flew out to Tacoma last month for the wedding of our friends, Jenny and Nick. The wedding was beautiful - the bridesmaid dresses were orange! And of course, Jenny was absolutely stunning! I sang Shania Twain's Forever and For Always during the ceremony. It went pretty well, although I am definitely NOT a country singer! A funny thing happened when Chad and I were sitting in the pew waiting for the wedding to start: I had misplaced my lyrics sheet, so during the hour leading up to the wedding, I wrote the lyrics on a 3x5 card. I only wrote down the verses, because I had never forgotten the words to the chorus. While Chad and I were waiting for the ceremony to start, I was running through the song in my head. All of a sudden, I turned to Chad with a horrified look on my face and said, "I can't remember the chorus!" I had completely drawn a blank literally minutes before the wedding was supposed to start! I was already nervous, so this made me want to vomit! Thankfully, Chad had his phone, and he discreetly looked up the lyrics on the Internet for me. I wrote the chorus on my note card, and breathed a sigh of relief. LOL!
Here is a pic from the ceremony -
Mr. and Mrs. Nicholas Trunk!

Chad's sister, Lynn, is living out in Seattle right now doing her internship. She came down to see us on Saturday evening and stayed until Sunday afternoon. It was so fun to see her out there! She was never able to visit us when we lived there, so it was neat to take her to "our" church and have her meet our friends. Here is a picture of her and Chad at Owen Beach.

We stayed with our good friends, Keith & Maria Plunket, while we were in Tacoma. This is Keith and his daughter, Eliana.

Eliana and Isaac

Before we moved to CO, we lived with Keith and Maria for about 2 months. We became friends with their neighbors across the street, Jason and Tishelle Ward. Tishelle was also preggo during that time - with little Payton. This is them!
The Wards also have a 3-year old daughter, Reese. She and Eliana are friends...well, most of the time. Here they are doing their own dances, and then coming together to watch something on TV. They are both such sweet little girls. It was fun to see how much they had grown!

No comments: