When we were on vacation, Marcia or Craig made a comment about how I should ride back to Iowa with them. I thought that was a pretty good idea, especially since Chad was going to be out of town for 5 days. So, I called my Grandma Sally to see if I could stay with her for a week (of course she said "sure!"), then I booked a seat on the Amtrak for the following week so I could get home. I decided not to tell anyone else that I was coming, so I could surprise them.
We got home from the cabin on Monday morning - did laundry and re-packed everything - then we headed out the next morning to make the drive to Iowa. It took us a little longer than usual because of Isaac, but we made it! Isaac did pretty well too, considering he was cutting a tooth and was already "off" from a week of vacation. Thanks again to my in-laws for putting up with us!
So - to make a long story not quite as long - I was able to surprise my dad at work and my mom by walking up to her on the sidewalk in front of their house with Isaac in the stroller. I also surprised my sister with a phone call and she came down that day to see us. It was so nice for my family to be able to see Isaac at that stage...crawling and pulling up...since they would have totally missed it otherwise.
Here are a few pictures from the visit:
4 comments:
too fun! i didnt realize u got to surprise everyone in ur fam...so is that ur sis in the last pic? sucha cute pic!
Hey Hol! That is actually my mom! She will be excited to read that comment!
how fun!! i bet your family loved the surprise! i can't believe isaac is crawling and pulling up...i still picture him as a 7 week old...time flies! can't wait to see you!
Am I back in your good graces now that i have visited the blog. :)
Post a Comment