Wednesday, March 28, 2007
Get your thinking caps on!
I have recently had a lot of time to sit and think. In doing so, I have come to a couple of conclusions. First, the more I think, the more I realize that if I acted upon every thought that popped into my head, I would be in a lot of trouble. Secondly, I have realized that the more I choose to think upon things that are good (Philippians 4:8), the more I imitate Christ in my daily life. That seems obvious, but I had to take a step back to get a fresh understanding of how this plays out in my life. To me, this means that I need to spend time everyday reading the Word in order to know the things that are true, noble, right, pure, lovely, admirable, excellent or praiseworthy so that I may think upon "such things"! Again, obvious. But, for me, in the madness of my life, I had forgotten that if I am to "take every thought captive to the obedience of Christ" (2 Corinthians 10:5), I must not only choose not to dwell on things that are sin, but I must also purpose to dwell on the "such things" of Philippians 4. Just some food for thought. :o)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment