Can I just tell you that my husband is crazy? Ok good, because he is. One of his favorite things to do is run. And by run I mean he tortures his body by moving his arms and legs for ungodly amounts of time. He is an ultra-marathon runner. I think ultra really means crazy, but they tell me that it just means that it is longer than a marathon. So, any race that is more than 26.2 miles falls into this category. Chad had one of these races on Saturday -- a 55k. For those of you who don't use the metric system (all of us), that is about 34.4 miles. Not only that, but this trail race had about 4500 ft. of elevation gain and loss.
I, being the wonderfully supportive wife that I am, got up at 3:30 A.M. to take my husband to his race. Here you can see me yawning because...well...it was still dark outside and I was awake!
We drove about an hour and a half down to Capitol Forest near Olympia. The sun was just starting to come up when we got there. We parked, went to the start, and then all of the crazy men and women started off on either a 55k or 50-mile trail run. Here is a picture of Chad before he started the race.

No comments:
Post a Comment