Instead of sticking around for the entire 7 hours it took him to run, I drove back into Olympia. As I drove out of the forest, I saw something I very rarely see...the sunrise.

My first stop was Panera because they open at 6 a.m. and because they have free WiFi. Also - they have really good food. I got a honey-vanilla latte and a cinnamon-crunch bagel with honey walnut cream cheese. De-lish!! As you can see, while Chad was burning like 5500 calories, I was eating about that much. But, I must say, my day was much more relaxing that his.

After I spent a few hours at Panera, I went to my other favorite place to kill time - WalMart. I guess I did exercise! Walking around the aisles at WalMart is very tiresome, so I bought some lunch and headed back to Capitol Forest to see the end of the race. Chad ran very well, and his knee felt really good. He finished 12th out of 35 with a time of 7:00.36. Although he is sanity-challenged, I am very proud of him! He has a 50-mile race coming up on June 2 (his birthday). This race was his very first ultra last summer. He is very excited. I will be sure to post about that race too. It is fun for me because I can drive to all 12 of the aid stations and cheer him on all along the way.
5 comments:
I wish I had an eighth of Chad's "sanity-challenged"edness. I get tired driving 50 miles. But more power to him. Now...hmmm...if only I can convince you guys that there really are VERY cool races here. Nothing like seeing the sunrise over a tall field of corn? And chasing nephews and nieces can be very rewarding and also challenge your sanity. Just some food for thought. Hope you guys have a great weekend. Miss you lots! Love you too!
Are there ever going to be anymore posts on this blog?
A digruntled reader
My life just isn't that exciting or interesting...I will try to post soon, Liz. :o)
Who is Liz?
So . . . would posting soon be sometime in September?? Love you!
Post a Comment