Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Welcome Home to Me!!

Ok, so this post is about a week late, but oh well...
I arrived home from my trip to Iowa on Tuesday, April 17 at about 11:00 p.m. I was so exhausted from flying and from the anticipation of seeing my husband. I went down to get my bags and called Chad to let him know that I had arrived. He said he would park and be in shortly, so I stood by baggage claim #9 and waited. Not more that 30 seconds later I felt a hand on my arm and heard someone say, "Welcome Home." I turned around to see my gorgeous husband standing there with a beautiful bouquet of tulips. What a sweetie!

I had kind of a lazy day on Wednesday. I slept in a little and had coffee with a friend in the afternoon. That evening, Chad and I went to the Red Box and rented Gridiron Gang starring The Rock...not bad. It was an uneventful, but nice, first day back.

Chad took off work the next day, so we decided to go to the Olympics (mountains) for a little hike. When Chad showed me the trail on the map he said "This one is totally flat. It's only about a mile and a half to the lower lake." I said "OK! That's about all I think I can handle." So, it was set. We were going to hike to lower Lena Lake. On our way out of town we decided to stop by Albertson's to return the DVD to the Red Box, and I wanted to get a bagel and something to drink. We each got a bottle of VitaminWater (I got grape...yum). They only had two yucky flavors in the cooler, so we had to get non-chilled bottles from the drink aisle. My husband thought it would be a good idea to strap the bottles to the roof rack so they could get cold on the way to the trail. I agreed. Our next stop before officially hitting the road was Panera to pick up lunch. We went in an got a Bacon Turkey Bravo to share. We got back in the car, and I started pulling out of the parking lot (I was driving b/c I get car sick). The puchasing of lunch food confused my little brain because it was about this time that I said to Chad: "Can you unwrap the sandwich for me?" He said "I thought we would wait until we got there to eat. It's only 10:30." I looked at the clock and, sure enough, 1o:30 a.m. Man!
The drive was beautiful and we arrived about a hour and half later (at which time I immediately tore open my sandwich and devoured it). Chad got out and unstrapped our COLD VitaminWaters from the roof...very refreshing. Then we got ready and headed up the trail.

But, first we took this picture. (aren't we cute?) About 4 hours (and some rain) later, we arrived back at the car. The trail turned out to be much longer and steeper than I been led to believe. And even though I never actually saw the lake to which we were supposedly hiking, I had a great time with my husband. Overall, it was a great day (made even better when we went out for Thai food). I miss my families, but I am glad to be home!

No comments: